Professional PAT Testing in Northampton
Businesses in Northampton and the surrounding area trust MatPat to deliver professional and affordable PAT testing.
If your business is located in Northampton or the surrounding area, contact MatPat and make sure your staff and customers are safe, from the price of a coffee per electrical item.
WHY PAT TEST?
PATTA – the Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association – explains that electrical appliances are built to strict standards, which include being safe for use. However, over time, appliances can deteriorate to the point that they become a fire risk or risk giving an electric shock.
PAT testing is part of a system of preventative maintenance where these faults are found and rectified.
PAT is also a regular stipulations of business insurance policies; if there was a fire for example, the insurance investigators want to see that regular PAT testing has taken place to ensure that the workplace directors/owners have done enough to ensure that appliance was safe for continued use. Some insurance companies take this into account when deciding whether to settle a claim or not.
There are also a number of Health and Safety regulations that recommend electrical appliances are managed in a way to prevent danger to users.
These place a duty of care on employers and employees to ensure the safety of everyone in their workplace.
Our 5-step PAT testing process
As one of the leading providers of PAT testing in Northampton, we follow a professional 5-step PAT testing process:
- Visual Inspection of appliance, flex and plug top.
- Open each plug top, inspect fuse, and connections,
tighten wire connections.
- Electrical tests to ensure the appliance is properly
earthed (Earth Continuity, Class 1), and insulated,
(Insulation Resistance Test, Class 1 and 2 appliances)
- Labelling – A label is attached to the appliance
indicating a PASS/FAIL along with test date, retest date, and appliance ID number
- Records – A detailed record is given for each appliance
as well as an inventory number. Generally sent in
electronic format (hard copy available on request)
PAT Testing Prices
The following prices are available to all businesses looking for PAT testing in Northampton (NN post codes).
- Up to 20 items £50
Fixed price. Equivalent to £2.50 per item.
- 21 to 30 items £60
Fixed price. Equivalent to £2 per item.
- 31 to 50 items £75
Fixed price. Equivalent to £1.50 per item.
- 51 to 100 items £75 + £1 per item
£75 + £1 per item after 50. Equivalent to £1.25 per item.
- 101 to 200 items £75 + £1 per item
£75 + £1 per item after 50. Equivalent to £1.13 per item.
- 201 to 500 items £75 + 90p per item
£75 + 90p per item after 50. Equivalent to £0.96 per item.
- Over 500 items POA
Please contact us for a quote.
- Our PAT Testing prices are based on Northampton (NN) areas only
- No mileage charged
- Outside of Northampton (NN) area mileage charged at 45p per mile
- All prices subject to change without notice
- Terms are payable on completion of work unless agreed otherwise